A Marine Radio Operator Permit or MROP license is obtained through FCC Certification and is required when operating a certified or assistance towing vessel.
Licensed captains who operate certified inspected vessels ( masters captain's license ) and assistance towboat operators ( Sea Tow, Towboat US ) are required to have a FCC MROP license. MROP licenses used to be valid for 5 years, however they are now good for life.
FCC Marine Radio Operator Permit Course Includes
- One year's access to our online FCC MROP course.
- We give an Expert Classroom Review with professional USCG, NMC licensed instructors the day of the Final Exam prior to testing to ensure success on the Exam
- Expert assistance on your FCC Paperwork. We pride ourselves on making sure your FCC paperwork is done professionally, and Fast. Our job isn't done until you have your FCC license in your hand.
- A seat in one of our USCG approved exam centers
- Access to our telephone and email support with USCG, NMC licensed instructors
- No hidden fees
FCC Marine Radio Operator Permit Course Framework
- The test will consist of 24 questions
- 18 or more correct is a passing score